Fire on the Altar Internship
THE "FIRE ON THE ALTAR INTERNSHIP" IS A 8-MONTH DISCIPLESHIP PROGRAMME DEEPLY ROOTED IN 24/7 WORSHIP AND PRAYER. THE INTERNSHIP IS CREATED TO SUPPORT AND SUSTAIN THE "FIRE ON THE ALTAR 2022" EVENT, HOSTED BY JESUS-HAUS HERRNHUT. THE PARTICIPANTS OF THE PROGRAMME ARE INVITED TO LEARN HOW TO KEEP THE FIRE OF 24/7 WORSHIP & PRAYER BURNING, TO WELCOME & HOST THE NATIONS, AS WELL AS TO SERVE PRACTICALLY HOUSE OF PRAYER.
From Monday 7th March to Sunday 30th October 2022.
We are looking for servant-hearted people with a passion to exalt Jesus through 24/7 prayer & worship and with a desire to support the practical work of the house.
1500€ altogether for accommodation and school costs. Participants will also need approximately 100€ a month for food costs.
Jesus-Haus, House of Prayer in Herrnhut, Germany
Jesus is worthy of a continual offering of prayer, praise & worship - "The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously, it must not go out", Leviticus 6:13.
Our internship program is an open door for people who are hungry for more of the Lord and His presence but are also willing to serve in a practical way. Join us in this time to help fulfill this vision of filling the house with continuous prayer, praise and worship.
We are happy and excited to train you and prepare you for serving the Lord in the house of prayer environment as well as give you a good foundation that you can continue to build on once the training is over.
You can expect from us:
- A month of intense training before 'Fire on the Altar 2022' starts. This will include foundational teaching in subjects such as the history of Herrnhut, the vision of the house, servanthood, meditating on the Word of God, the Hebrew roots of our faith, and ministering to the Lord in prayer & worship. This is to prepare you to serve during the 6 months of 'Fire on the Altar'.
- Weekly teaching and training throughout the internship.
- A weekly schedule that includes a mix of practical work, serving in the prayer room, and community meals.
- Regular outreach work including local work with asylum-seekers
- Receiving mentoring in small groups once every two weeks
- Time off - two x 1 week holiday (the dates must be agreed in advance)*
- The opportunity to live, worship and serve in a house community.
- Accommodation counted in with the cost of the school.
*Please be aware you will be required to be in Jesus-Haus during Easter
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere
- Are you willing to help us host the nations during the event?
- Are you passionate about prayer and worship?
- Are you willing to help in practical ways?
- Do you want to receive the training and teaching about the DNA of the house of prayer?
HOW TO APPLY
- Read all the information above carefully.
- Fill in the application form and send it to us.*
- Find 2 people to fill in a recommendation for you. When they send their recommendation to us, you will get a notification E-Mail confirming this.
- Once we have received your application form and 2 recommendations, we will consider it, pray over it and let you know if your initial application has been successful.
- If you have been accepted at this stage, we will arrange a zoom call with you to get to know you and discuss the internship further.
- We will then notify you in writing if you have been accepted for the internship.
*Application fee (non-refundable): 15€
Application deadline: 31st January 2022
Explore and experience life in the house of prayer